Turbocharge Growth and Re-imagine Student Experience for Vedantu by enabling a contextual Learner 360 view
Education Technology/e-Learning & Services
Salesforce Service Cloud & Sales Cloud
Vedantu is an Ed-Tech startup based out of Bengaluru, India. It is a leading online tutoring platform, spread across 1000+ cities from 30+ countries, known for creating one of the most sought-after learning apps. It offers tutoring courses to young students from 3 years to 18 years old across various learning segments – K12, competitive exams and verticals like English speaking, reading and coding.
Vedantu’s innovations and contributions to making education accessible and affordable have led to an enhancement in the quality of online education. Vedantu makes a student’s learning experience special and unforgettable.
Vedantu catered to over 200,000 paying students last year, a 300% growth over the previous year. This growth was accompanied by a revenue increase of 4.5x over the previous year, making it the fastest growing online education company in this space and the second-largest company in K-12 overall in terms of revenue and number of students.
Vedantu’s vision is to reimagine and evolve the way teaching and learning have been happening for decades. By combining quality teachers, engaging content and superior technology, Vedantu is able to create a superior learning experience for students and aid in their outcome improvement, which is unlike any offline experience.
Experience is the key to Vedantu’s promise of providing access to quality education to each and every student. As Vedantu’s business model scaled rapidly during pandemic, the student experience processes were unable not keep pace with rapid growth.
When a new student explored Vedantu’s courses, they engaged with the company across multiple touchpoints. The key challenge was to deliver a contextual and engaging experience to students at each and every touchpoint.
With a legacy system and broken processes, there were multiple challenges faced by Vedantu teams. These included:
- Absence of contextual learner 360: The absence of contextual Learner 360 led to sub-optimal student experience and inability to track student lifetime value (SLV).
- Lack of real-time reporting capability: The legacy system lacked real time reporting capability thus resulting in inaccurate KPIs for funnel and sales productivity.
- Omni-Channel Experience: Engage Academic Counsellors, Academic Mentors and Students on the channel of their choice across SMS, WhatsApp, Email & Telephony.
- Single Source of Truth: Rearchitecting legacy system’s linear functioning and have a single source of truth for the Sales, Service and Academics team.
With these challenges in mind, Vedantu looked at Salesforce to re-imagine student experience across all the touchpoints. These spanned student acquisition, onboarding and service processes. More importantly Vedantu wanted to build a Student 360 view spanning data from multiple touchpoints and bring it all onto Salesforce.
This entailed re-imagining student facing processes and orchestrating a fluid student journey throughout their lifecycle. Some salient features of this design included:
- Reducing lead leakage by introducing follow-ups, task and event reminders for the Sales Team.
- Consolidated features of Demo Booking, Payment Requests, Fintech Requests, Quality Audits, KYC, and Payment Requests on CRM Platform.
- Ability to process various payment modes such as Direct, EMI and integrating with other Fintech providers.
- Integrated telephony, SMS and whatsapp across inbound and outbound channels. Telephony enabled with predictive dialling capability and centralised reporting using Telephony CTI Connector.
- Deliver KPI’s and insights across Sales, Service and Student 360 spanning 100+ centralised Dashboards and Reports across organization hierarchy.
Aethereus leveraged Salesforce Customer 360 View for effective student profiling which helped Vedantu to scale and capture various student journey touchpoints spanning multiple systems. Aethereus recommended Salesforce best practices for edtech like Multi Opportunity Model which enabled Cross-Sell and Collaboration across various Lines of Business (LOBs).
Aethereus also partnered with customer to revamp the student acquisition processes and standardize the quality of interactions between counsellors and students. With Service Cloud, Vedantu was able to provide omni-channel service experience to ensure that students were able to engage on the channel of their choice for self-service or assisted service.
Student Experience Transformation Program
Aethereus Team acted as one Extended Team in our Salesforce transformation journey and followed a collaborative approach. With an in-depth understanding of the Salesforce platform and EdTech business model, Aethereus team suggested best practices in and around design and data elements. Really appreciate everybody putting their more than 100% to make the project successful.
Are you ready to begin
your Salesforce journey?
Get in touch with us to get started.
We partner with our clients to solve their most challenging customer experience problems by leveraging the power of Salesforce with cutting-edge technology and a design-led approach. We have been Salesforce Partner since 2019.